Ideally you want to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water a day. This is a good rule of thumb to work towards every day. The benefits of drinking water are huge! Additionally, if you squeeze lemon or lime into the water, it will bring up the alkalinity and be even more beneficial to your body.
Did you know that we are made up of 50-75% water? Our blood, brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, skin, muscles and bones are basically created with water and water is the medium for many different reactions that occur in our body. So we want to make sure that we are drinking plenty of water every day and increase the amount during strenuous physical activity.
Common warning signs that you are not getting enough water include dry mouth, dry skin, dry eyes, joint pain, decrease in muscle mass, fatigue, headaches, constipation and premature aging. Be vigilante in getting enough water for your body to run optimally!
Water is essential:
- A vital nutrient to the life of every cell
- It regulates our internal body temperature by sweating and respiration
- The carbohydrates and proteins that our bodies use as food are metabolized and transported by water in the bloodstream
- It assists in flushing waste mainly through urination
- Acts as a shock absorber for brain, spinal cord, and fetus
- Forms saliva
- Lubricates joints
Contact Advanced Physical Medicine Center for optimal wellness!